Monday 21 October 2013

Solaris - Patching using PCA

Since we haven't got Ops Center running in OEM as yet, but are planning to, I ignored the automated checking only because I was told the OpsCenter deployment was imminent...... Saying that I recently stumbled across the PCA product, that some kind chaps have developed a number of years back and have maintained it ever since, of which the best part is that it works even now that Solaris is an Oracle product.

I downloaded the PCA file text (which requires Perl to run) from the site and amended the file so it was executable as per the instructions on the site.

# chmod +x pca


The severs I work on don't have internet access so I have to use the patchdiag.ref file text which is also available from the site (and changes on a regular basis, so go back and check periodically for updates).
Save the file to:

# /var/tmp

Then run the PCA script

# ./pca





Which produces something like this - usage guide is also on the website.

Very useful stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment